You’re invited to our event on December 13th for the International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers.
- We want to live in an Alaska where sex workers and people who are profiled as prostitutes can report being a victim of a crime, like robbery or sex trafficking, without fear of arrest.
- We want equal protection under the law instead of driving us underground, making us vulnerable to violence and exploitation.
- We want to be able to protect ourselves by working together or communicating with each other without it being called a sex trafficking ring.
- We want to be self determined and the right to negotiate for our own labor and work conditions.
- We want consequences for police who sexually exploit vulnerable sex workers.
- We want to be able to access housing, education, financial instruments, employment, child custody, and emergency and social services without discrimination.
- We want everyone in Alaska to have access to safe housing, and no one in Alaska to be forced into sex work by poverty or homelessness.