We are current and former sex workers (including sex trafficking victims) and allies working towards safety and protection in Alaska’s sex industry. We educate and advocate for each other as individuals trying to access equal protection under the law or other public services, and also at the legislative level. Last year we sent Terra to Juneau, and this year we hope to send three members of our community.
- We want to live in an Alaska where sex workers and people who are profiled as prostitutes can report being a victim of a crime, like robbery or sex trafficking, without fear of arrest.
- We want equal protection under the law instead of driving us underground, making us vulnerable to violence and exploitation.
- We want to be able to protect ourselves by working together or communicating with each other without it being called a sex trafficking ring.
- We want to be self determined and the right to negotiate for our own labor and work conditions.
- We want consequences for police who sexually exploit vulnerable sex workers.
- We want to be able to access housing, education, financial instruments, employment, child custody, and emergency and social services without discrimination.
- We want everyone in Alaska to have access to safe housing, and no one in Alaska to be forced into sex work by poverty or homelessness.